Section 11-88-101

Replacement of lost, mutilated, or destroyed bonds.

Whenever it shall be made to appear to the board by clear and satisfactory evidence that any bond issued under this article has been lost, destroyed, or mutilated so that the same is not held by any person as his property, then the authority shall issue a duplicate of such lost, destroyed, or mutilated bond in like amount, bearing like interest and executed and marked in like manner as the bond so proved to have been lost, destroyed, or mutilated. But the owner of such lost, destroyed, or mutilated bond shall first execute a penal bond in double the amount of the bond sought to be replaced, together with the amount of interest which has or might thereafter accrue thereon, with some surety company qualified to do business in the State of Alabama, to be approved by the board and payable to the authority, with condition to indemnify and save harmless such authority from any claim whatsoever because of such lost, destroyed, or mutilated bond. Such penal bond shall be filed and kept with the secretary of the authority, and shall be admissible in evidence in any court.

(Acts 1973, No. 826, p. 1293, §61.)