(a) The articles of incorporation of an authority shall state all of the following:
(1) The names of the incorporators of the authority and that each of them is a resident of the county of incorporation or a municipality whose corporate limits lie in whole or in part within the operational area of the authority.
(2) The name of the authority, which may be a name indicating in a general way the name of the former military installation or a geographically descriptive word or words, and shall include the words "Development Authority" (e.g., "The _______ Development Authority" or "The Development Authority of _______," the blank space to be filled in with a name indicating in a general way the name of the former military installation or geographically descriptive word or words, but the descriptive word or words shall not preclude the authority from exercising its powers in its operational area).
(3) A designation of the operational area of the authority, including the name or names of each municipality whose corporate limits include the operational area of the authority.
(4) The period of the authority, which may be perpetual.
(5) The location of the principal office of the authority, which shall be within the boundaries of the operational area of the authority.
(6) That the authority is organized pursuant to this chapter.
(7) If the exercise by the authority of any of its powers is to be in any way prohibited, limited, or conditioned, a statement of the terms of the prohibition, limitation, or condition.
(8) The number of initial directors appointed in accordance with this chapter and the duration of their respective terms of office.
(9) A plan of distribution of all remaining assets, properties, debts, and obligations of the authority upon dissolution of the authority and any other provisions not inconsistent with this chapter relating to the dissolution of the authority.
(10) Any other matters relating to the authority that the incorporators may choose to insert and that are not inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the state.
(b) The articles shall be signed by each of the incorporators.