(a) The certificate of incorporation shall set forth:
(1) The names and resident addresses of the applicants together with a recital that each of them is a duly qualified elector of and taxpayer in the county;
(2) The name of the authority which shall be _____ Port Authority (the blank spaces to be filled in with the names of the authorizing subdivisions if such names shall be available for use by the authority, and if not available then the incorporators shall designate some other similar name that is available);
(3) A recital that permission to organize the authority has been granted by resolution duly adopted by the governing body of each authorizing subdivision and the Alabama State Docks Department and the respective dates of adoption of said resolutions;
(4) The location of the principal office of the authority (which shall be in the municipality) and its post office address;
(5) A statement that the authority is organized for the purposes set forth in this chapter with all the powers and authorities specified in this chapter;
(6) The geographical boundaries of the authority's jurisdiction, which shall be the boundaries of the county that is the authorizing subdivision or, if the authorizing subdivision is a municipality, the county in which such municipality is located;
(7) The period, if any, for the duration of the authority (if the duration is to be perpetual that fact shall be so stated); and
(8) Any other matter which the applicants may choose to insert therein which shall not be inconsistent with this chapter or with the laws of the State of Alabama.
(b) The certificate of incorporation shall be subscribed and acknowledged by each of the applicants before an officer or officers authorized by the laws of the State of Alabama to take acknowledgments to deeds.