The following words and phrases used in this chapter, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein and shall, except where the context otherwise requires, be deemed to cover both singular and plural:
(1) ALTERNATING DIRECTOR. The director initially elected by the governing body of the authorizing municipality and thereafter alternately by the governing bodies of the authorizing county and the authorizing municipality.
(2) APPLICANT. A natural person who files a written application with the governing body of any county and with the governing body of any municipality located wholly or partially within such county in accordance with the provisions of Section 11-95-3.
(3) AUTHORIZING COUNTY. Any county the governing body of which shall have adopted an authorizing resolution.
(4) AUTHORIZING MUNICIPALITY. Any municipality the governing body of which shall have adopted an authorizing resolution.
(5) AUTHORIZING RESOLUTIONS. The resolutions, adopted by the governing bodies of any county and municipality in accordance with the provisions of Section 11-95-3, that authorize the incorporation of a corporation.
(6) AUTHORIZING SUBDIVISIONS. The authorizing county and the authorizing municipality with respect to a single corporation.
(7) BOARD. The board of directors of a corporation.
(8) BONDS. Bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money.
(9) CORPORATION. Any public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(10) COUNTY. Any county in the state.
(11) DESIGNATED REVENUES. Hospital taxes and other revenues from which any particular bonds of a corporation may be payable, as designated in the proceeding of the board of such corporation authorizing the issuance of such bonds.
(12) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of a corporation.
(13) FEDERAL SECURITIES. Direct obligations of the United States for the payment of which the full faith and credit of the United States is pledged, or obligations issued by a person controlled or supervised by and acting as an instrumentality of the United States, the payment of the principal of, premium, if any, and interest on which is fully and unconditionally guaranteed as a full faith and credit obligation by the United States.
(14) GOVERNING BODY. With respect to a county, its county commission or other like governing body, and with respect to a municipality, its city or town council, board of commissioners, or other like governing body.
(15) HOSPITAL FACILITIES. a. Public hospitals of all types, public clinics, public health centers, and related public health facilities, such as laboratories, out-patient departments, nurses homes and nurses training facilities, and central service facilities operated in connection with public hospitals;
b. Appurtenant buildings and other facilities to provide offices for persons engaged in the diagnosis, treatment, or care of diseased, sick, or injured persons and to house or service equipment used for the diagnosis, treatment, or care of diseased, sick, or injured persons or the records of such diagnosis, treatment, or care, or research with respect to any of the foregoing; and
c. Parking areas, parking decks, facilities, buildings, and structures appurtenant to any of the foregoing.
(16) HOSPITAL TAX. Any taxes which may be levied for the benefit of a corporation or the proceeds of which may have been appropriated to a corporation by the Legislature of the state or by the governing body of an authorizing subdivision.
(17) INCORPORATORS. The persons forming a public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(18) MUNICIPALITY. An incorporated city or town of the state.
(19) PRINCIPAL OFFICE. The place at which the certificate of incorporation and amendments thereto, the bylaws, and the minutes of the proceedings of the board of a corporation are kept.
(20) STATE. The State of Alabama.