(a) With respect to any taxing authority other than the public entity which created the tax increment district, the calculation of the equalized valuation of taxable property in a tax increment district may not exceed the tax increment base of the district until the district is terminated, unless agreement has been made for other arrangements under subsection (b) of this section.
(b) In such cases where it can be shown that losing tax increments would be harmful to any given taxing authority or cause such taxing authority not to honor a prior binding commitment, by contract executed with the public entity prior to the designation of the tax increment district, and if an agreement has been made for such allowances through a process of negotiation at the time of the creation of the tax increment district, a taxing authority may make payments into the tax increment fund, less the sum of:
(1) Any property taxes produced from the tax increments which are required to be paid by the taxing authority to another political subdivision; and
(2) A portion, not to exceed 20 percent or a one-time payment mutually agreed upon at the time of the creation of the tax increment district, of the tax increment produced in the district by the taxes levied on behalf of that taxing authority.
(c) All tax increments which have accrued with respect to school districts under this chapter shall be determined and the amounts shall be paid on February 1 of each year out of the taxes of all school districts which have territory in a tax increment district.
(d) The use of the increased valuations in the tax increment district before the completion of the project in calculating any general state school aid formula is prohibited.
(e) A taxing authority is not required to pay a tax increment into the tax increment fund for a district beyond three years from the date the district was created unless one or more of the following conditions exist or have been met:
(1) Tax increment obligations have been issued for the district;
(2) The public entity has acquired property within the district pursuant to the project plan; or
(3) Construction of improvements pursuant to the project plan has commenced in the district.