When used in this chapter the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) APPLICANT. A natural person who files a written application with the governing body of any county or municipality or public corporation in accordance with the provisions of Section 11-99B-3.
(2) AUTHORIZING RESOLUTION. A resolution, adopted by a governing body in accordance with the provisions of Section 11-99B-3, that authorizes the incorporation of a district.
(3) AUTHORIZING SUBDIVISION. Any county or municipality or public corporation the governing body of which shall have adopted an authorizing resolution.
(4) BOARD. The board of directors of a district.
(5) BONDS. Bonds, notes, and certificates representing an obligation to pay money.
(6) COUNTY. Any county in the state.
(7) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of directors of the district.
(8) DISTRICT. A public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(9) GOVERNING BODY. With respect to a county, its county commission, and, with respect to a municipality, its city or town council, board of commissioners, or other like governing body and, with respect to a public corporation, its board of directors.
(10) INCORPORATORS. The persons forming a public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(11) MEMBER. Any county, municipality, or public corporation which elects one or more directors to the board of a district.
(12) MUNICIPALITY. Any incorporated city or town of the state.
(13) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, such term includes a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county or an agency, department or instrumentality of the state, or of a county or municipality.
(14) PRINCIPAL OFFICE. The place at which the certificate of incorporation and amendments thereto, the bylaws, and the minutes of proceedings of the board of a district are kept.
(15) PROPERTY. Real and personal property and interests therein.
(16) PROJECT. Any capital improvement, facility, structure, building, property, or appurtenances thereto of any nature, type, or description which any member is authorized by any law of the state to own, acquire, construct, or finance.
(17) PUBLIC CORPORATION. Any public corporation organized under the laws of the state.
(18) PUBLIC REVENUES. Any one or more of the items of tax proceeds and other revenues that a municipality or county is authorized to pledge for its bonds under the provisions of Section 11-81-16.
(19) STATE. The State of Alabama.