Section 12-11-10

Transfer of cases - Involuntary juvenile commitment proceedings.

Except as provided in Chapter 15 of this title, involuntary commitment proceedings, primarily cognizable before the probate courts, may be transferred to the circuit court for adjudication on motion of a party to the proceeding in probate court, according to rules governing transfer of these proceedings. Probate court offices shall maintain records of all commitment proceedings.

(Acts 1975, No. 1205, p. 2384, §2-107.)