Pursuant to the provisions of Section 12-17-251, magistrates may receive pleas of guilty in traffic infraction prosecutions, but may not receive pleas in matters involving:
(1) Violations resulting in personal injury;
(2) Operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated;
(3) Reckless driving;
(4) Felonies or indictable offenses;
(5) Operation of motor vehicles without an operator's license or while the license is suspended or revoked; or
(6) A defendant convicted of two or more previous traffic offenses in the preceding 12 months.