Section 12-15-206

Transfer of delinquent and child in need of supervision proceedings between juvenile courts within the state.

If a child resides in a county of the state and the delinquency or child in need of supervision proceeding is commenced in a juvenile court of another county, the juvenile court in the county in which the proceeding was commenced, on its own motion or a motion of a party and after consultation with the receiving juvenile court, may transfer the proceeding to the county of the residence of the child for such further action or proceedings as the juvenile court receiving the transfer may deem proper.

A transfer may also be made if the residence of the child changes pending the proceeding.

The proceeding shall be so transferred if the child has been adjudicated delinquent or in need of supervision and other proceedings involving the child are pending in the juvenile court of the county of his or her residence.

Certified copies of all legal and social records pertaining to the case shall accompany the transfer.

(Acts 1975, No. 1205, p. 2384, §5-113; §12-15-36; amended and renumbered by Act 2008-277, p. 441, §12.)