(a) Coroners shall be entitled to the following fees:
(1) For going to and returning from the place where he holds an inquest, for each mile traveled ..... $.06
(2) For holding an inquest, when ordered by a judge of a court of record or by the district attorney ..... 7.50
(3) For summoning a jury on inquest ..... 1.00
(4) For each subpoena ..... .25
(5) For each warrant of arrest ..... .50
(6) For each bond or undertaking returned to court ..... .50
(7) For investigation and certification of the cause of death when no jury is summoned or postmortem examination made by a physician or surgeon as provided in Section 12-19-193, $.06 for each mile traveled in going and returning, and $7.50 to be paid from the county treasury.
(8) For all services performed when discharging the duty of the sheriff in cases authorized by law, the same fees that were allowed the sheriff for similar services on December 18, 1973.
(b) In no event shall the coroner be entitled in any one year to fees exceeding in the aggregate $1,200.00.