Section 12-2-10

Advisory opinions on constitutional questions - How opinion obtained.

The Governor, by a request in writing, or either house of the Legislature, by a resolution of such house, may obtain a written opinion of the justices of the Supreme Court of Alabama or a majority thereof on important constitutional questions.

(Acts 1923, No. 43, p. 25; Code 1923, §10290; Code 1940, T. 13, §34.)