Section 12-20-27

Substitution of lost, etc., papers or records in civil cases - How made - Generally.

When original papers in civil actions have been lost, mislaid, destroyed or mutilated, a court may cause a substitution thereof to be made by directing the attorneys representing the parties therein to file a copy thereof with the clerk or register of the court.

(Code 1896, §2645; Code 1907, §5737; Code 1923, §10130; Code 1940, T. 7, §6; Acts 1971, No. 1510, p. 2595.)