Section 12-21-4

Taking of affidavits outside state.

Affidavits required in the commencement or progress of any action or judicial proceedings may be taken without this state before any commissioner appointed by the Governor of this state, any judge or clerk of a federal court, any judge or clerk of any court of record or any notary public, who shall certify under their hands and seals of office, if any.

(Code 1867, §645; Code 1876, §550; Code 1886, §2768; Code 1896, §1799; Code 1907, §3965; Code 1923, §7661; Code 1940, T. 7, §373.)