Sections 13A-10-193, 13A-10-195, 13A-10-196, and 13A-10-200 shall not apply to any of the following:
(1) A person authorized to manufacture, possess, transport, distribute, or use a destructive device or detonator pursuant to the laws of the United States, as amended, or when the person is acting in accordance with the laws and any regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(2) A person licensed as a blaster by the State Fire Marshal, when the blaster is acting in accordance with the laws of the state and any regulations promulgated thereunder and any ordinances and regulations of the political subdivision or authority of the state where blasting operations are being performed.
(3) Fireworks and any person authorized by the laws of this state and of the United States to manufacture, possess, distribute, transport, store, exhibit, display, or use fireworks when acting in accordance with the laws and any regulations promulgated thereunder.
(4) A law enforcement, fire service, or emergency management agency of this state, any agency or authority of a political subdivision of this state, or the United States and any employee or authorized agent thereof while in the performance of official duties and any law enforcement officer, fire official, or emergency management official of the United States or any other state while attending training in this state.
(5) The Armed Forces of the United States or of this state.
(6) Research or educational programs conducted by or on behalf of a college, university, or secondary school which have been authorized by the chief executive officer of the educational institution or his or her designee and which are conducted in accordance with the laws of the United States and of this state.
(7) The use of explosive materials in medicines and medicinal agents in forms prescribed by the most recent published edition of the official United States Pharmacopoeia or the National Formulary.
(8) Small arms ammunition and reloading components thereof.
(9) Commercially manufactured black powder in quantities not to exceed 50 pounds, percussion caps, safety and pyrotechnic fuses, quills, quick and slow matches, and friction primers which is or are intended to be used solely for sporting, recreational, or cultural purposes in black powder firearms or antique firearms or antique devices.
(10) An explosive which is lawfully possessed in accordance with the rules adopted pursuant to Section 13A-10-206.