As used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) ANIMAL. Every living creature, domestic or wild, with the exception of man and animals used for illegal gaming purposes.
(2) ANIMAL OR CROP FACILITY. Any facility engaging in scientific research, education, or agricultural production of or involving the use of animals or crops including any organization with the primary purpose of representing livestock or crop production or processing; any organization with a primary purpose of promoting or marketing livestock or crops; any organization with a primary purpose of promoting or marketing livestock or crop products or materials; any person licensed to practice veterinary medicine; any person licensed to apply chemical applications not limited to pesticides, insecticides, rodenticides, or herbicides; any organization with a primary purpose of representing any of the above; the owner, operator, and employees of any animal or crop facility; and any vehicle, building, greenhouse, structure, laboratory, pasture, field, paddock, pond, impoundment, or premises where animals or crops are located.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries for the State of Alabama.
(4) CROPS. Any shrub, vine, tree, seedling, shoot, slip, or other plant undergoing experimentation or otherwise capable of producing food, fiber, lawful or legal medicines, nursery stock, floral products, or aesthetic beauty.
(5) PERSON. A human being, and where appropriate, a public or private corporation, an unincorporated corporation, a partnership, a government or a governmental instrumentality, or a private organization, association, coalition, federation, and its officers or spokespersons.