In addition to any other penalties imposed, any person who violates this article may be ordered by the court to pay restitution to the owner of the police animal or search and rescue animal and the agency involved for expenses caused by the violation, including, but not limited to, the following:
(1) Any veterinary expenses resulting from the violation.
(2) Replacement costs of the animal if it is stolen, killed, or disabled temporarily or permanently, and can no longer perform its duties.
(3) The salary of the handler for the period of time his or her services are lost to the employer and any expenses for a replacement employee during that period of time, if needed.
(4) The value of any services lost to employer until replacement services are obtained.
(5) Any lost or damaged equipment.
(6) Training, retraining, or rehabilitation expenses for the animal and for the handler.