(a) No person, other than a delivery service, shall mail, ship, or otherwise cause to be delivered a shipping package in connection with a delivery sale unless the following occur:
(1) The person, prior to the first delivery sale to the prospective consumer, obtains from the prospective consumer a written certification which includes a statement signed by the prospective consumer that certifies the prospective consumer's current address and that the consumer is at least the legal minimum age.
(2) The person informs, in writing, the prospective consumer all of the following:
a. The signing of another person's name to the certification described in this section is illegal.
b. Sales of cigarettes to individuals under the legal minimum age are illegal.
c. The purchase of cigarettes by individuals under the legal minimum age is illegal.
(3) The person makes a good faith effort to verify the date of birth of the consumer provided pursuant to this section against a commercially available database or by obtaining a photocopy or other image of a valid government-issued identification stating the date of birth or age of the prospective consumer.
(4) The person provides to the prospective consumer a notice which meets the requirements of Section 13A-12-3.4.
(5) The person receives payment for the delivery sale from the prospective consumer by a credit or debit card that has been issued in the consumer's name, or by check, or other written instrument in the consumer's name.
(6) The person ensures that the shipping package is delivered to the same address as is provided on the government-issued identification or as included in the commercially available database.