(a) It is unlawful for a secondary metals recycler to purchase the following property unless a copy of verifiable documentation in addition to the signed statement required by subdivision (a)(6) of Section 13A-8-31 is provided to the secondary metals recycler that the seller is the owner of the property:
(1) Catalytic convertors that are not part of an entire motor vehicle.
(2) Metal property of a telephone company, an electric company, a cable company, a water company, another utility, or a railroad marked or otherwise identified as such.
(3) Copper wire that has been burned to remove the insulation, unless verifiable documentation is provided that the source of the copper wire was in a building destroyed by fire.
(4) A copper, aluminum, or aluminum-copper condensing or evaporating coil, including its tubing or rods, from a heating or air conditioning unit, excluding scrap from window air conditioning units and automobile condenser coils, unless any one of the following criteria are satisfied:
a. The condenser coils are being sold by a licensed contractor, HVAC contractor, plumber, or electrician and a current and valid license with number is provided at the time of sale and copied or scanned by the secondary metals recycler at the time of sale.
b. The condenser coils are being sold by a person with verifiable documentation, such as a receipt or work order, indicating that the condenser coils are the result of a replacement of an air conditioner unit or condenser coils performed by a licensed contractor.
(5) Utility access covers, manhole covers, or storm drain covers, unless the seller is a company that deals in the manufacture or sale of the aforementioned products.
(6) Grave markers, vases, memorials, statues, plaques, or other bronze objects used at a cemetery or other location where deceased persons are interred or memorialized or any other metal historic markers or monuments or the attached support or post to either, unless the seller is a company that deals in the manufacture or sale of the aforementioned products.
(7) Any metal property that has been brightly painted or marked to deter theft of the property.
(8) Ventilation fans or similar fans designed to supply fresh air to workers in confined spaces such as underground mines or other similar circumstances.
(b) Any person in violation of this section shall be guilty of a Class B felony.