To be eligible for participation in the Legislative Leadership Academy, a student shall be entering the eleventh or twelfth grade in the school year immediately following participation in the academy during the summer. A student shall be eligible to participate in the academy only once. Eligibility criteria may include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
(1) Academic performance.
(2) Leadership potential.
(3) Personal attributes, including enthusiasm, creativity, independence, maturity, dependability, and initiative.
(4) Interpersonal skills, including cooperation, listening ability, communication skills, and concern for others.
(5) Citizenship skills, including respecting the rights of others and the ability to command respect from others.
(6) Coping skills, including perseverance, ability to adapt to changing situations, giving and accepting constructive criticism, and learning from mistakes.
(7) Accomplishments, including personal growth, community involvement, special talents, and academic accomplishments.