For the purpose of this article, the following words and phrases shall have the respective meanings ascribed to them by this section:
(1) AUTHORITY. The Alabama Trade School and Junior College Authority organized under the provisions of this article.
(2) BONDS. The bonds issued under the provisions of this article.
(3) BUILDING COMMISSION. The Alabama Building Commission.
(4) JUNIOR COLLEGE. An educational institution offering instruction in the arts and sciences on the level of difficulty of the first two years above high school level.
(5) ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT. The total original equipment, machinery and facilities acquired and installed or stored in a trade school or junior college for purposes of instruction, operation and maintenance.
(6) STATE. The State of Alabama.
(7) TRADE SCHOOL. An educational institution offering instruction primarily in useful trades, occupations or vocational skills.
Pronouns used in this article shall be deemed to include all appropriate genders.