To become a corporation, the Governor, the Director of Finance and the State Superintendent of Education shall present to the Secretary of State of Alabama an application signed by them which shall set forth:
(1) The name, official designation and official residence of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of the commission evidencing each applicant's right to office;
(2) The date on which each applicant was inducted into office and the term of office of each applicant;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the Alabama Trade School and Junior College Authority;
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation; and
(5) Any other matter relating to the incorporation which the applicants may choose to insert and which is not inconsistent with this article or the laws of the State of Alabama.
The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of this state to take acknowledgments to deeds. The Secretary of State shall examine the application and, if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive and file it and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.