In order to provide for the funding of an equipment loan by the authority to an educational institution, such educational institution shall establish a dedicated source of revenue to secure the repayment of moneys received from the authority. Such educational institution is hereby authorized and empowered, any existing statute to the contrary notwithstanding, to do and perform any one or more of the following:
(1) To obligate itself to pay to the authority at periodic intervals a sum sufficient to provide for the payment of debt service with respect to the bonds of the authority issued to fund the equipment loan made to such educational institution and to pay over such debt service to the authority for the account of such educational institution.
(2) To levy, collect, and pay over to the authority and to obligate itself to continue to levy, collect, and pay over to the authority the proceeds of any revenues dedicated for the purposes provided herein including, but not limited to, all of the following:
a. Any ad valorem tax voted under the Constitution of Alabama of 1901, for school purposes generally.
b. Any privilege, license, or excise tax or taxes that may be paid, apportioned, or allocated to or for the benefit of such educational institution.
c. Fees from students levied or to be levied by or for such educational institution.
d. Any other moneys or revenues received by such educational institution not appropriated by the state to such institution.
(3) To pledge as security for the payment of its contractual obligation to the authority hereunder the proceeds of any one or more of the sources specified in subdivision (2).
(4) To enter into such agreements, to perform such acts, and to delegate such functions and duties as its governing body shall determine to be necessary or desirable to enable the authority to fund an equipment loan to such educational institution.
(5) All bonds issued by the authority shall be solely and exclusively obligations of the authority, payable solely from the sources pledged to the payment thereof. No bonds issued under the provisions of this chapter shall constitute a debt or liability of the state or any political subdivision thereof other than the authority or a pledge of the faith and credit of the state or of any political subdivision thereof, but such bonds shall be payable solely from the sources pledged or available for such payment as authorized in this chapter.