As used in this chapter, the term "expenses" shall include the following items and any other items approved as reimbursable expenses by the Election Expense Reimbursement Committee pursuant to Section 17-16-2.1:
(1) The compensation and mileage provided by law for election officials.
(2) The compensation provided by law for the clerk or other official acting as absentee election manager.
(3) The costs of ballots, supplies, and other materials or equipment necessary for election officials to conduct elections as required by law and as certified by the judge of probate as chief election official of the county.
(4) The costs of absentee ballots, supplies, postage, and other materials required by law to be furnished to the absentee election manager.
(5) The cost of preparing and furnishing the lists of qualified electors to the election officials as required by law.
(6) The cost of publishing any notice or other item related to any election and required by law, including, but not limited to, the publication of notice of any election and any voter lists.