The names of candidates for each office shall be listed on the ballot in alphabetical order by surname, and the offices shall be listed in the following order:
(1) President (if preference primary).
(3) Lieutenant Governor.
(4) United States Senator.
(5) United States Representative.
(6) Attorney General.
(7) State Senator.
(8) State Representative.
(9) Supreme Court Justice.
(10) Court of Civil Appeals Judge.
(11) Court of Criminal Appeals Judge.
(12) Secretary of State.
(13) State Treasurer.
(14) State Auditor.
(15) Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(16) Public Service Commissioner.
(17) State Board of Education Member.
(18) Circuit Court Judge.
(19) District Attorney.
(20) District Court Judge.
(21) Circuit Clerk.
(22) Other public officers (to be listed in the order prescribed by the judge of probate).
(23) Delegate to national convention.
(24) Other party officers (to be listed in the order prescribed by the judge of probate).