Unless the arbitration agreement provides otherwise, the conduct of the arbitration shall be subject to the following rules:
(1) The locale for the arbitration is the county in which the subject property, or the major portion of that property, is located.
(2) The law of this state relating to the criteria for ascertaining just compensation and damages, and the elements thereof, shall be applied.
(3) The arbitration tribunal shall be the judge of the relevancy and materiality of the evidence offered, and conformity to the legal rules of evidence shall not be required.
(4) The amount of compensation determined by the arbitration award must be within the range of the evidence presented by the parties.
(5) The condemnor shall pay the compensation of and all expenses and fees incurred by the arbitrators.