An association incorporated under this article shall have the power to:
(1) Contract and be contracted with;
(2) Borrow and lend money;
(3) Issue notes, bonds and other obligations and secure the payment of the same by mortgage or otherwise;
(4) Buy, contract for, own, sell, convey, pledge, mortgage and otherwise have, use and dispose of property of all kinds, insofar as not prohibited by law;
(5) Promote and carry out the purpose of this article to market the agricultural products of its members, cooperatively in pools or otherwise and collect for the same;
(6) Purchase such products from its members;
(7) Advance money upon such products to its members;
(8) Act as agents for its members;
(9) Process, condition, pack, store and otherwise safeguard, care for and make ready for market the agricultural products of its members;
(10) Purchase for and distribute to its members and purchase and sell to its members seed, plants, fertilizers, machinery, implements, livestock, feed, chemicals, foodstuffs, materials, supplies, packages, containers, wrappings, labels, tags and any other goods, wares or merchandise necessary or useful in the production, processing, packing, storage, distribution and marketing of agricultural products;
(11) Erect, buy, own, rent, operate, manage and control all plants, properties, machinery and installations necessary or useful in processing, conditioning, packing, manufacturing, storing, shipping, distributing and marketing of such products of its members; and
(12) Render to its members farm business service.
In addition to the foregoing, the articles of incorporation of any association incorporated under this article may contain any provision consistent with law with respect to management, regulation, government, financing, indebtedness, membership, the establishment of voting districts and the election of delegates for representative purposes, the issuance, retirement and transfer of its stock, if formed with capital stock, or any provisions relative to the way or manner in which it shall operate or with respect to its members, officers or directors and any other provisions relating to its affairs. The powers granted in this section shall be possessed by an association or federation organized under this article fully and completely, whether specified in the articles of association. Such incorporated association may render the services mentioned in this section to nonmembers thereof as well as to members; provided, that no such incorporated association shall deal in the agricultural products of nonmembers to an amount greater in value than such as are handled by it for members and that no such incorporated association shall purchase supplies and equipment for or render farm business service to nonmembers in an amount greater in value than such as are purchased for or rendered to members. All business transacted by any cooperative association for or on behalf of the United States or any agency or instrumentality thereof shall be disregarded in determining the value of member and nonmember business transacted by such association.