When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(2) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of the Department of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(3) DISEASE or DISEASE OF ANIMALS. Contagious, communicable or infectious diseases of animals.
(4) MATERIALS. Infected barns or other infected structures or parts thereof and farm products, clothing, straw, hay or other feed for animals and other articles stored or contained in or adjacent to such barns or other structures.
(5) LIVESTOCK. Any animal maintained in captivity for any reason.