When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) BOARD. The State Board of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(2) BRAND. Any recorded identification mark applied to any position on the hide of livestock by means of heat, acid, or a chemical, except numbers used to keep production records or record of age. The word "brand" shall also mean and include tattoo marks on the hide or in the ear of livestock.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(4) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(5) LIVESTOCK. Cattle, swine, sheep, goats, equine or equidae, ratites, and poultry.
(6) LIVESTOCK HIDE DEALER. Any dealer who buys hides of livestock.
(7) LIVESTOCK MARKET. A place where a person assembles livestock for public sale, if the person is required to procure a license or permit from the state Department of Agriculture and Industries to operate the market.
(8) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, corporation, or association.