As used in this article, the following words shall have the meaning stated below, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) BOLL WEEVIL. Anthonomus grandis Boheman in any stage of development.
(2) CERTIFICATE. A document issued or authorized by the commissioner indicating that a regulated article is not contaminated with boll weevils.
(3) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries or his designated representative.
(4) COTTON. Any cotton plant or cotton plant product upon which the boll weevil is dependent for completion of any portion of its life cycle.
(5) HOST. Any plant or plant product upon which the boll weevil is dependent for completion of any portion of its life cycle.
(6) INFESTED. Actually infested with a boll weevil or so exposed to infestation that it would be reasonable to believe that an infestation exists.
(7) PERMIT. A document issued or authorized by the commissioner to provide for the movement of regulated articles to restricted designations for limited handling, utilization, or processing.
(8) PERSON. Any individual, corporation, company, society, or association, or other business entity.
(9) REGULATED ARTICLE. Any article of any character carrying or capable of carrying the boll weevil, including but not limited to, cotton plants, seed cotton, other hosts, gin trash, and mechanical cotton pickers.
(10) BOARD. The State Board of Agriculture and Industries.
(11) COTTON GROWER. Any person who is engaged in and has an economic risk in the business of producing or causing to be produced, for market, cotton.
(12) DEPARTMENT. The Alabama Department of Agriculture and Industries.