(a) The board may certify a cotton growers' organization for the purpose of entering into agreements with the State of Alabama, other states, the federal government, and other parties as may be necessary to carry out the purposes of this article.
(b) In order to be eligible for certification by the board, the cotton growers' organization must demonstrate to the satisfaction of the board that:
(1) It is a nonprofit organization and could qualify as a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(a) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 (26 U.S.C. § 501(a)).
(2) Membership in the organization shall be open to all cotton growers in this state.
(3) The organization shall have only one class of members with each member entitled to only one vote.
(c) The organization's board of directors shall be composed as follows:
(1) Two Alabama cotton growers recommended by the Alabama Cotton Commission, to be appointed by the commissioner with the consent of the board.
(2) Two Alabama cotton growers recommended by the Alabama Farmers Federation, to be appointed by the commissioner, with the consent of the board.
(3) Four Alabama cotton growers to be appointed by the commissioner, with the consent of the board.
(4) One representative of state government from this state to be appointed by the commissioner with the consent of the board.
(d) All books and records of account and minutes of proceedings of the organization shall be available for inspection or audit by the commissioner at any reasonable time.
(e) Employees or agents of the growers' organization who handle funds of the organization shall be adequately bonded in an amount to be determined by the commissioner.