Section 2-2-71

Substitution of bond equivalent; forms.

(a) Whenever there is a requirement under law to obtain any permit or license issued by the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries, the Board of Agriculture and Industries or the Department of Agriculture and Industries that the permittee or licensee be bonded, the licensee or permittee may substitute in lieu of the bond a bond equivalent.

(b) The bond equivalent shall be in the form of a trust fund agreement based upon cash, fully negotiable bonds of the U.S. Government or of the State of Alabama, or an irrevocable letter of credit.

(c) The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries shall furnish all necessary forms to be used for the issuance of the bond or bond equivalent.

(Acts 1989, No. 89-692, p. 1364, §2.)