The following terms, as used in this chapter and rules and regulations promulgated under authority of this chapter, shall have the following meanings, respectively:
(1) AGRICULTURAL LIMING MATERIALS. Those products whose calcium and magnesium compounds are capable of neutralizing soil acidity
(2) LIMESTONE. A calcareous rock composed primarily of calcium carbonate or a combination of calcium and magnesium carbonates.
(3) CALCITIC LIMESTONE. A calcareous rock composed wholly or largely of calcium carbonate.
(4) DOLOMITIC LIMESTONE. A calcareous rock composed of calcium and magnesium carbonates with a minimum elemental magnesium (Mg) content of six percent.
(5) BURNT LIME. A material made from limestone which consists essentially of calcium oxide or a combination of calcium and magnesium oxides.
(6) HYDRATED LIME. A material made from burnt lime which consists essentially of calcium hydroxide or a combination of calcium hydroxide with magnesium oxide and/or magnesium hydroxide.
(7) CHALK. A soft, friable, loosely consolidated material composed largely of calcium carbonate.
(8) GROUND SHELLS. A product obtained by the grinding of shells of mollusks and which shall carry the name of mollusk origin.
(9) INDUSTRIAL BY-PRODUCT USED AS LIMING MATERIALS. Any industrial by-product containing calcium or calcium and magnesium in forms that will neutralize acidity.
(10) BRAND. The term, designation, trademark, product name or the specific designation under which an individual or type of agricultural liming material as defined in this section is offered for sale.
(11) FINENESS. The percentage by weight of the material which will pass U.S. standard sieves of specified sizes.
(12) CALCIUM CARBONATE EQUIVALENT. The acid neutralizing capacity of an agricultural liming material expressed as weight percentage of calcium carbonate.
(13) TON. Two thousand pounds avoirdupois.
(14) PERCENT or PERCENTAGE. By weight.
(15) BULK. Nonpackaged form.
(16) LABEL. Any written or printed matter on or attached to the package or delivery ticket which accompanies a bulk shipment.
(17) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(18) BOARD. The Board of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(19) PERSON. Any individual, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity or organization.