When used in this article, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) PLANT PEST. Any living stage of any insects, mites, nematodes, slugs, snails, protozoa, or other invertebrate animals, bacteria, fungi, other parasitic plants or reproductive parts thereof, or viruses, or any organisms similar to or allied with any of the foregoing, or any infectious substances which can directly or indirectly injure or cause disease or damage in any plants or parts thereof or any processed, manufactured, or other products of plants and which may be a serious agricultural or horticultural threat in Alabama. Evidence of a plant pest shall be considered a public nuisance.
(2) NOXIOUS WEED. Any living stage, including, but not limited to, seeds and productive parts of a parasitic or other plant of a kind, or subdivision of a kind, which may be a serious agricultural threat in Alabama. Evidence of noxious weed shall be considered a public nuisance.
(3) PLANTS and PLANT PRODUCTS. Trees, shrubs, vines, forage and cereal plants and all other plants, cuttings, grafts, scions, buds and all others parts of plants and fruit, vegetables, roots, bulbs, tubers, seeds, wood, lumber, and all other products made therefrom.
(4) NURSERY STOCK. All plants, trees, shrubs, vines, cuttings, grafts, scions and buds grown or kept for or capable of propagation, distribution or sale, unless specifically excluded by the rules and regulations promulgated pursuant to this article.
(5) NURSERY. Any grounds or premises on or in which nursery stock is grown or propagated for sale or distribution.
(6) NURSERYMAN. Any person engaged in the production of nursery stock for sale or distribution to include any person who obtains nursery stock for the purpose of growing it to a more mature size over a period of one growing season or more.
(7) DEALER. Any person not a grower of nursery stock who buys, receives on consignment or otherwise acquires and has in his possession nursery stock for the purpose of offering or exposing for sale, reselling, reshipping or distributing same. A person from out of state selling nursery stock directly to the public from a vehicle or from any other location within the state shall be considered a dealer whether such nursery stock is grown by him or not, and such person must comply with all requirements pertaining to the sale of nursery stock in Alabama. It shall include any person who is authorized to represent a nurseryman, another dealer or another agent in soliciting wholesale or retail orders for the sale of nursery stock, but who keeps no nursery stock on hand for sale, display or advertising purposes or for delivery at the time an order is taken.
(8) PLACES. Vessels, railroad cars, automobiles, aircraft, and other vehicles, buildings, docks, nurseries, orchards and other premises where plants or plant products are grown, kept or handled.
(9) INFESTATION. The actual presence of plant pests and/or noxious weeds or the existence of circumstances that make it reasonable to believe plant pests and/or noxious weeds are present.
(10) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries or his authorized representatives.
(11) BOARD. The State Board of Agriculture and Industries.
(12) PERSON. Any individual, corporation, company, society, association or other business entity.
(13) DISTRIBUTION. The movement of nursery stock from the property where it is grown or kept to any other property that is not contiguous thereto, regardless of the ownership of the properties concerned.