For the purposes of this article, the following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section.
a. Any substance or mixture of substances intended to prevent, destroy, control, repel or mitigate any insect, rodent, nematode, predatory animal, snail, slug, fungus, bacteria, weed or any other form of plant or animal life or virus, except virus on or in living man or other animal, that may infest, infect or be detrimental to vegetation, man, animal, structure or household or be present in any environment or which the commissioner may declare to be a pest;
b. Any substance or mixture of substances intended to be used as a plant regulator, defoliant or desiccant;
c. Any spray adjuvant such as a wetting agent, spreading agent, deposit builder, adhesive, emulsifying agent, deflocculating agent, water modifier or similar agent, with or without toxic properties of its own, intended to be used with any other pesticide as an aid to the application or effect thereof, whether or not sold separately from that of the pesticide with which it is to be used; and
d. Any other similar substance designated by the commissioner which is used or intended to be used for any of the above purposes.
(2) WEED. Any plant which grows where not wanted.
(3) PERSON. Any individual, firm, partnership, corporation, association or other legal entity or organization.
(4) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(5) BOARD. The State Board of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(6) CUSTOM APPLICATION OF PESTICIDES. Any application of pesticides to growing agricultural, horticultural or floricultural crops, rights-of-way or woodlands by aircraft or ground equipment for remuneration.
(7) AIRCRAFT. Any mechanism used in flight in the air that is designed for use, adaptable for use or that is used in applying pesticides as sprays, dusts, aerosols, fogs or in other forms.
(8) GROUND EQUIPMENT. Any machine, equipment or device other than aircraft that is designed for use, adaptable for use or that is used on land or water in applying pesticides as sprays, dusts, aerosols, fogs or in other forms.