When used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) ENTOMOLOGICAL WORK. Receiving fees for advice or prescriptions for the control or eradication of any insect pest or rodent or for actual spraying, dusting, fumigating, or any other methods used for the control or eradication of any insect pest or rodent.
(2) PATHOLOGICAL WORK. Receiving fees for advice or prescriptions for the control or eradication of any plant disease, for actual spraying, or any other methods used for the control or eradication of any plant disease.
(3) HORTICULTURAL AND FLORICULTURAL WORK. Receiving fees for landscaping and setting of plants, or for the sale of any plants for which the seller contracts to render future services.
(4) TREE SURGERY WORK. Receiving fees for tree surgery, including but not limited to, cavity filling or repair, bracing, cabling, and wound treatment of shrubs and trees. Tree surgery work shall not include pruning, feeding, budding, or grafting of trees, shrubs, or wounds made and treated during pruning.
(5) STRUCTURAL PEST CONTROL WORK. That branch or type of entomological, pest control, or eradication work which involves the performance of work or giving advice or prescriptions for compensation for the prevention, control, or eradication of insects, vermin, rodents, pest animals, fungi, or other wood destroying organisms in household structures, commercial buildings, or other structures by the use of insecticides, rodenticides, repellants, chemicals, mechanical devices, or structural modifications, as well as a fumigation of products, containers, structures, or transportation vehicles.
(6) BRANCH OFFICE. A place of business at an established location other than the main office having equipment and three or more employees directly engaged in structural pest control work from the place of business, which is a subdivision or branch of the main office, point of headquarters, or principal operation of the firm.
(7) SUBOFFICE. A place at an established location other than the main office or branch office having equipment and less than three employees directly engaged in structural pest control work from the location, which shall not be more than 100 road miles from the branch office or main office of the firm. It is not required that any employee of a suboffice be certified by the commissioner for the structural pest control work performed from the office.
(8) CERTIFIED OPERATOR. A person who has been certified by the commissioner as qualified to supervise the operation of a main office or a branch office.
(9) BRANCH SUPERVISOR. A person who has been certified by the commissioner as qualified to supervise the operation of a branch office only. In no event shall the person be qualified to supervise structural pest control work from a main office.
(10) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries.
(11) DEPARTMENT. The Department of Agriculture and Industries.
(12) WEED CONTROL WORK. Receiving fees for advice or prescription for the control or eradication of any weed or for actual spraying or other methods used for the control and eradication of any plant which grows where not wanted.
(13) CERTIFICATION. The recognition by the commissioner that a person is competent and thus authorized to perform and/or supervise professional work or services in the category or categories listed on said certification permit.
(14) CERTIFICATION PERMIT. A document issued by the commissioner attesting that all standards have been met in competency in one or more categories and/or subcategories of professional work or services.
(15) BUSINESS LOCATION. Any location in or from which professional work or services are solicited, accepted, or conducted, and identified as a main office, branch office, or suboffice by permit.