The commissioner with the approval of the State Board of Agriculture and Industries may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations that are reasonable and necessary to carry out the intent and purpose of this chapter and to regulate persons engaged in professional services or work defined in this chapter to prevent fraudulent and unauthorized practices of those professional services or work.
In order to ensure that persons issued a permit or certified under this chapter are capable of performing a high quality of workmanship and continue to meet the requirements of a changing technology and assure a continued level of competence and ability, the commissioner with the approval of the State Board of Agriculture and Industries, is hereby authorized and empowered to make rules and regulations with respect to:
1. The qualifications and residency requirements of an applicant for certification and a permit to engage in any one or more phases of professional work or service.
2. The type, frequency, and passing score of any examination given an applicant for certification and a permit under this chapter.
3. The methods and materials to be used in performing any work authorized by issuance of a permit and certification under this chapter.
4. Records to be made and maintained by persons issued a permit and persons certified under this chapter necessary for the commissioner to determine whether such persons are performing a high quality of workmanship.
5. Methods and procedures necessary and reasonable to protect the interests, health, safety, and welfare of the public and persons engaging in professional work or services where such work or services involve the use of pesticides.
6. The amount, kind, and frequency of training required of any employee of persons issued a permit or certification where such professional work or services involves the application of pesticides.
7. Any other matter deemed necessary to be regulated.