When used in this article, unless the context otherwise requires, the following terms shall have the following meanings:
(1) PRODUCER. The owner, tenant, or operator of land in this state who has interest in and who receives all or any part of the proceeds from the sale of the grain produced thereon.
(2) PERSON. Any person, firm, association, corporation or partnership.
(3) GRAIN. Corn, wheat, oats, rye, soybeans, barley, grain sorghums, or other commodities commonly referred to as grain.
(4) GRAIN DEALER. Any person owning, controlling or operating a grain elevator, mill, warehouse or other similar structure or a truck or tractor trailer unit, or both, and engaged in the business of buying or receiving grain from producers for resale, for storage, or for milling or processing or any person commonly referred to as a "grain broker" engaged in the business of buying grain for resale or for milling or processing or soliciting the sale, purchase, exchange or transfer of any grain purchased from the producer thereof, who does not own, control or operate a grain elevator, mill, warehouse or other similar structure or truck or tractor trailer unit used in connection with his grain business. A farmer of grain buying grain for his own use as seed or feed or dealers or processors of seed shall not be considered as being engaged in the business of buying grain for resale or for milling or processing.
(5) COMMISSIONER. The Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama.
(6) SEPARATE LOCATION. A storage facility separate and apart from other storage facilities owned or controlled by a grain dealer. The storage facility shall be deemed a separate location when the facility is operated or controlled from offices or headquarters different from other storage facilities, even though the grain dealer owns or controls all of the offices or facilities.