The following words and phrases used in this article, and others evidently intended as the equivalent thereof, shall, in the absence of clear implication herein otherwise, be given the following respective interpretations herein:
(1) AFFILIATE. With respect to any lender, any person, firm or corporation controlled by, or under common control with, such lender, and any person, firm or corporation controlling such lender.
(2) AGRICULTURAL OPERATIONS. Farming, ranching, the production of agricultural commodities (including, without limitation, the products of aquaculture and silvaculture) or the treating, processing, storing, manufacturing, marketing, distribution or exporting of agricultural commodities; provided, however, that such term shall not include any operation the principal purpose of which is the selling at retail of agricultural commodities or related products; provided, further, that costs of agricultural operations shall specifically include, but not be limited to, costs of acquiring and improving real and personal property, repairs, annual operating expenses, family living expenses and refinancing of debt incurred for any such costs.
(3) AUTHORITY. The public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this article.
(4) BOARD. The board of directors of the authority.
(5) BONDS. Bonds, notes, certificates, bond, grant or revenue anticipation notes or any other evidence of indebtedness representing an obligation to pay money.
(6) DIRECTOR. A member of the board of the authority.
(7) LENDER. Any federal or state chartered bank, federal land bank, production credit association, bank for cooperatives, federal or state chartered savings and loan association or building and loan association, small business investment company or any other institution qualified within this state to originate and service loans, including, but without limitation to, insurance companies, credit unions and mortgage loan companies.
(8) PERSON. Unless limited to a natural person by the context in which it is used, a person, corporation, association, partnership or cooperative.
(9) STATE. The State of Alabama.