(a) The Governor, the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries and the Director of Finance may incorporate and organize a public corporation, with the power and authority hereinafter provided, by proceeding according to the provisions of this article. To organize such a corporation, the Governor, the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries and the Director of Finance shall present to the Secretary of State of Alabama an application signed by them which shall set forth:
(1) The name and official designation of each of the applicants, together with a certified copy of the commission evidencing each applicant's right to office;
(2) The date on which each applicant was inducted into office and the term of office of each of the applicants;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation, which shall be the Alabama Agricultural Development Authority;
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation, which shall be in the state;
(5) The period of duration of the proposed corporation (if the duration is to be perpetual, subject to the provisions of Section 2-3A-14, that fact shall be stated); and
(6) Any other matter relating to the incorporation of the proposed corporation that the applicants may choose to insert and that is not inconsistent with this article or the laws of the state.
(b) The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the laws of the state to take acknowledgments to deeds.
(c) The Secretary of State shall examine the application; and, if he finds that it substantially complies with the requirements of this section, he shall receive and file it and record it in an appropriate book of records in his office.
(d) When the application has been made, filed and recorded as herein provided, the Secretary of State shall make and issue to the applicants a certificate of incorporation pursuant to this article under the Great Seal of the State, and shall record the certificate with the application. There shall be no fees paid to the Secretary of State for any work done in connection with the incorporation or dissolution of the authority.