As used in this article, the following words shall have the following meanings unless the context clearly requires otherwise:
(1) AGRICULTURAL CENTER BOARD. The board of that name established pursuant to Article 2 of this chapter.
(2) AGRICULTURAL FUND. The fund of that name created and administered pursuant to Article 1, Chapter 9, Title 2.
(3) BOARD OF AGRICULTURE AND INDUSTRIES. The Alabama Board of Agriculture and Industries created pursuant to Section 2-3-1.
(4) BUILDING COMMISSION. The Building Commission created under Article 6, Chapter 9, Title 41, and any successor agency thereto.
(5) COLISEUM. The existing Garrett Coliseum and the grounds and other buildings and structures associated therewith, all owned by the Agricultural Center Board and located in the City of Montgomery, Alabama.
(6) CORPORATION. The public corporation authorized to be created by this article.
(7) ELIGIBLE INVESTMENTS. (i) Any time deposit with, or any certificate of deposit issued by, any bank, savings bank or savings and loan association which is organized under the laws of the United States of America that may succeed to the functions of such corporation; (ii) any debt securities that are direct, general obligations of the United States of America; (iii) any debt securities payment of the principal of and interest on which is unconditionally guaranteed by the United States of America; (iv) any debt securities (including participation certificates) that are direct, general obligations of any of the following agencies of the United States of America: the Export-Import Bank of the United States, the Federal Farm Credit Bank, the Federal Land Banks, the Federal Immediate Credit Banks, the Banks for Cooperatives, the Federal Home Loan Banks (including any joint obligations of any two or more of the foregoing agencies), the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, the Government National Mortgage Association, the Federal National Mortgage Association, the Farmers Home Administration, or any other agency or instrumentality of the United States of America; (v) any repurchase obligations of any bank, savings bank or savings and loan association which is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or the Federal Savings and Loan Insurance Corporation (or any department, agency or instrumentality of the United States of America that shall succeed to the functions of such federal corporation), which repurchase obligations are at least 100 percent secured by any one or more classes of eligible investments described in (i) through (iv), inclusive, above; (vi) any security or interest therein, whether secured or unsecured, in which an insurance company or a savings and loan association organized under the laws of the state may legally invest its own moneys at the time of investment therein by the corporation; (vii) shares of any money market fund registered and regulated under the Federal Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended, as a no-load, open-end management investment company, the portfolio assets of which consist solely of cash and eligible investments and repurchase agreements fully secured by any one or more classes of eligible investments; and (viii) any debt obligation, debt instrument or deposit obligation in which trustees are legally permitted to invest under the laws of the state at the time of investment therein by the corporation.
(8) MARKET FACILITY. Any facility for the inspection, grading, standardization, classification, refrigeration, dehydration, canning, packing, processing, cold storage and marketing of agricultural and kindred products permitted to be acquired and constructed by the Board of Agriculture and Industries pursuant to Section 2-3-20.
(9) SECURITIES. When used with reference to debt instruments to be issued by the corporation, shall mean and include notes, bonds and other forms of indebtedness.
(10) STATE. The State of Alabama.