The Governor, the Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries and the Director of Finance may incorporate and organize a public corporation with the powers and authority provided in this article by proceeding according to the provisions of this article. They are authorized to present to the Secretary of State an application for the organization of a corporation which shall be signed by them and shall set forth:
(1) The names, official designations and official residences of the applicants, together with a certified copy of each of the commissions evidencing their respective rights to office;
(2) The date or dates on which they were respectively inducted into office and the terms of their respective offices;
(3) The name of the proposed corporation (which shall be Alabama Agricultural Markets and Coliseum Corporation, if such name is available for use by the corporation, but if not available, then some other name that is available shall be set forth in the application);
(4) The location of the principal office of the proposed corporation, which shall be within the State of Alabama; and
(5) Such other provisions as the applicants may choose to insert and as shall not be inconsistent with this article or with the laws of the state. The application shall be subscribed and sworn to by each of the applicants before an officer authorized by the law of the state to administer oaths.
The Secretary of State shall examine the application, and if he finds that the name proposed in the application is not identical with that of a person or other corporation in the state or so nearly similar thereto as to lead to confusion and uncertainty, he shall receive the application and file it in an appropriate book or record in his office.