Section 2-8-123

Application for certification and approval to conduct referendum - Generally.

Any commission, council, board or other agency or any nonprofit association of producers, fairly representative of the growers or producers of any agricultural commodity referred to in this article may make application to the State Board of Agriculture and Industries of the State of Alabama for certification and approval for the purpose of conducting a referendum among the growers or producers of such particular agricultural commodity for commercial purposes upon the question of levying an assessment under the provisions of this article and collecting and utilizing the same for the purposes stated in such referendum.

(Acts 1957, No. 108, p. 142, §4.)