(a) Any person having a legitimate need for using a listed precursor chemical defined in Section 20-2-181, shall apply in person to the Board of Pharmacy for a permit to possess such chemical each time said chemical is obtained.
(b) The following must be submitted in person to the Board of Pharmacy to receive a permit for possession of listed precursor chemicals:
(1) A driver's license number or other personal identification certificate number, date of birth, residential or mailing address, other than a post office box number, and a driver's license or personal identification card issued by the Alabama State Law Enforcement Agency which contains a photograph of the recipient;
(2) In the event the applicant is a corporation, the information in this section shall be required of the person making application for the permit. In addition, the person making application for the permit on behalf of a corporation shall disclose his relationship to the corporation;
(3) The make, model, model year, state where licensed, and license number of the motor vehicle owned and operated by the recipient;
(4) The serial number of the permit issued in the name of the recipient by the Board of Pharmacy pursuant to this section, which shall be obtained from personal observation of the permit;
(5) A complete description of how the chemical is to be used; and
(6) The location where the chemical is to be stored and used.
(c) The permit shall consist of three parts, including:
(1) The original to be retained by the Board of Pharmacy;
(2) A copy to be retained by the manufacturer, wholesaler, retailer, or other person furnishing listed precursor chemicals; and
(3) A copy to be attached to the container of the listed precursor chemical and to be kept with the chemicals at all times.