The statewide system shall be implemented at the local level through local coordinating councils. The local coordinating council shall focus on the development of a formal, working team or agency involving parental and other representatives who regularly meet to perform each of the following duties:
(1) Develop a common information base.
(2) Eliminate unnecessary duplication of services.
(3) Develop a local plan.
(4) Coordinate local or regional early intervention services.
(5) Identify gaps in service.
(6) Collaborate on utilization of resources.
(7) Facilitate delivery of service to all eligible infants, toddlers, and their families.