It is the duty of the Children's Rehabilitation Service, with the advice of the committee, to:
(1) Develop standards for determining eligibility for care and treatment under this chapter.
(2) Assist in the development and expansion of programs for the care and treatment of persons suffering from hemophilia and related diseases, including home care and medical and dental procedures designed to provide maximum control over bleeding.
(3) Extend financial assistance to persons suffering from hemophilia for the purpose of obtaining blood, blood derivatives and concentrates, and other efficacious agents for use in hospital, medical and dental facilities, and in the home.
(4) Institute and carry on community educational programs for the detection of hemophilia and for the counseling of individuals and families.
(5) Conduct educational programs for physicians, dentists, hospitals, regional health departments, and the public concerning the methods of care and treatment for persons suffering from hemophilia.