The board shall perform all of the following duties:
(1) Make rules and regulations for the provision of rehabilitation services.
(2) Direct and supervise the expenditure of legislative appropriations for rehabilitation services.
(3) Prescribe qualifications for the commissioner, directors, professionals, and administrative and clerical employees.
(4) Disseminate information concerning and promoting interest in disability and rehabilitation issues among the citizens of Alabama.
(5) Take appropriate action to guarantee rights of and services to people with disabilities.
(6) Delegate to any employee of the department any necessary powers and duties.
(7) Serve as the governing authority of programs administered by the department, including but not limited to: The administration of the state's plan under the "Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended"; the Social Security Act, Title V, which relates to children with special health care needs; and the Randolph-Sheppard Vending Stand Act (P.L. 74-732), as amended by P.L. 83-565 and P.L. 93-515, 20 U.S.C., Ch. 6A, Sec. 107.
(8) Accept and hold, invest, reinvest, dispose of, divest, or otherwise use gifts, donations, devises or bequests of money, or real or personal property made for the purpose of furthering rehabilitation services.
(9) Hold, lease, or rent real or personal property and make any repair and improvement on all property under its control that is in the best interest of the department; and, subject to the approval of the Governor, construct, acquire, sell, or convey title to real estate.
(10) Except where otherwise clearly indicated, delegate to the commissioner authority to act and make decisions concerning the management and operation of the department.