As used in this chapter, the following terms shall have the following meanings, respectively, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(1) PROGRAM FOR THE MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING OF RECYCLABLE MATERIALS. A formal program administered by state agencies and/or public school systems for the recycling of recyclable materials collected by state agencies and/or public school systems pursuant to a program for waste reduction and the collection of recyclable materials.
(2) PROGRAM FOR WASTE REDUCTION AND THE COLLECTION OF RECYCLABLE MATERIALS. A formal program implemented by state agencies and/or public school systems for the reduction of solid wastes generated by the operation of such agencies and/or public school systems including the collection in lieu of disposal of recyclable materials.
(3) PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEMS. All the state's universities, all elementary, secondary and post-secondary schools, schools for the deaf and blind, mental retardation and youth services school districts which receive state revenues.
(4) RECYCLABLE MATERIALS. Materials generated by the operation of state agencies which would otherwise be processed as solid wastes, but which possess physical and economic characteristics that allow them to be recovered, separated and reprocessed for sale or reuse (other than use as a fuel).
(5) RECYCLING. The recovery, separation and reprocessing for sale or reuse of materials which would otherwise be processed as solid wastes.
(6) SOLID WASTES. Shall have the same meaning as that term is defined in Section 22-27-2.
(7) STATE AGENCIES. All departments and agencies of state government. City and county governments are specifically excluded from the provisions of this chapter to the extent of activities not specifically described above.
(8) NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS. All agencies or organizations whose income or profit is not distributed to their members, directors or officers, excluding religious organizations.