For the purposes of this chapter, unless otherwise indicated, the following terms shall have the meanings respectively ascribed to them by this section:
(1) CONSTRUCTION and CONSTRUCT. Such terms include:
a. The construction of new buildings and the expansion, remodeling and alteration of existing buildings, including architects' fees; and
b. Equipping new buildings and existing buildings, whether or not expanded, remodeled or altered.
(2) COUNTY. Any county in the state.
(3) DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH AND MENTAL RETARDATION. The department of the state government having that name which was created and established by Chapter 50 of this title.
(4) FACILITIES. Structures, equipment and furnishings, or any part or combination thereof, which are used, useful or capable of use and the use thereof in connection with the implementing and operation of programs as defined in this section.
(5) GOVERNING BODY. The county commission of a county or the council, commission or other like governing body of a municipality.
(6) INCORPORATORS. The natural persons forming a public corporation organized pursuant to the provisions of this chapter.
(7) PERSON. Such term includes, but is not limited to, a natural person, the United States of America, one of the several states, a public or private corporation, a municipality, a county or an agency, department or instrumentality of a county, of a municipality, of one or more of the several states or of the United States of America.
a. The planning and taking of other steps leading to comprehensive state and community action to combat all forms of mental or emotional illness or debility, including, but not limited to, alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy and intellectual disability;
b. Studies of the needs and available resources of the state in relation to the above, the development of public awareness of the said disabilities and the need for combating them and the coordination of state and local activities relating to the various aspects of mental or emotional illness or debility, including, but not limited to, alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy and intellectual disability and their prevention, treatment or amelioration;
c. The conducting of research relating to human development, whether biological, medical, social, or behavioral, which may assist in finding the causes and means of prevention of mental or emotional illness or debility, including, but not limited to, alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy and intellectual disability or in finding means of ameliorating the effects of same;
d. The providing of any one or more of the following services:
3. Partial hospitalization;
4. Emergency care;
5. Community education and consultation;
10. Residential care;
11. Aftercare and
12. The prevention of all forms of mental or emotional illness, including, but not limited to, alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy or intellectual disability;
e. The clinical training of physicians and other technical and specialized personnel needed for research, diagnosis, treatment, education, training or care of the mentally or emotionally ill or debilitated, including, but not limited to, those persons suffering from alcoholism, drug addiction, epilepsy or intellectual disability; and
f. Any combination of any of the foregoing.