For the purposes of this chapter, the following words shall have the meanings ascribed to them by this section:
(1) ADMINISTRATOR. Any person charged with the general administration or supervision of a health care, domiciliary or residential facility without regard to whether such person has an ownership interest in such facility or to whether such person's functions and duties are shared with one or more other persons.
(2) COMMUNITY OMBUDSMAN. A person selected by an area agency on aging who is then trained and certified as such by the commission pursuant to Section 22-5A-4.
(3) DEPARTMENT. Department of Senior Services.
(4) HEALTH CARE FACILITY. Any skilled nursing facility, intermediate care facility, domiciliary, boarding home facility or hospital now or hereafter subject to regulation or licensure by the Bureau of Licensure and Certification of the State Department of Health or a county department of health which provides any generally accepted facet of long-term residential health care or treats any recipient of long-term residential health care.
(5) LONG-TERM RESIDENTIAL HEALTH CARE. Those health care services rendered to an individual who is a resident in-patient of a health care facility for any period which is expected to exceed 90 days.
(6) OMBUDSMAN. The State Ombudsman or any community ombudsman.
(7) RECIPIENT. Any person receiving long-term residential health care treatment in any health care facility in all its aspects including, but not limited to, admission, retention, confinement, commitment, length of stay, transfer, discharge, physical examination, issuing or filling a prescription for a controlled pharmaceutical substance, dispensing drugs or medication, counseling and/or treatment, and any instances directly related.
(8) STATE OMBUDSMAN. The State Long-term Residential Health Care Recipient Ombudsman, currently known as the Nursing Home Ombudsman of the Alabama Commission on Aging. The State Ombudsman shall be appointed by the commission and shall report to the executive director of the commission.