There is created the Alabama Lifespan Respite Resource Network as the statewide entity that shall do the following:
(1) Address issues relating to respite care in our state.
(2) Maintain a statewide system that facilitates the availability and use of high quality, cost-effective lifespan respite services that provide caregivers the break they need from caring for a loved one with disability or chronic illness.
(3) Develop and coordinate the Alabama Lifespan Respite Coalition.
(4) Work in collaboration with the eligible state agency and the Governor's Office to access funding through the federal Lifespan Respite Care Act of 2006 (PL109-442).
(5) Identify statewide respite care providers.
(6) Maintain a directory of respite services in Alabama and link family caregivers with respite care providers and other types of respite-related programs.
(7) Provide technical assistance to community-based organizations and other entities that wish to develop a respite care program.
(8) Provide voucher respite funding to eligible primary caregivers as funds are available.
(9) Provide information and referral services.
(10) Provide an easy to access and/or interactive information avenue, such as a toll-free number or informational website like www.alabamarespite.org, to share current news about respite including new resources, training opportunities, and information for caregivers.
(11) Offer family caregiver training through partnership with other agencies or other organizations or advocacy groups.